2008-05-17 / Front Page

Photo


Forestry Bureau photo Replacement of the bridge over Five Mile Creek, along Pa. Rt. 46 in Cameron County, is progressing. It's the only access for three camps on property leased by the state, as well as Five Mile Road. That road provided access for the Civilian Conservation Corps Building from May 1935 to October 1937. CCC buildings were removed in the 1980s. Coleman Construction won the bid to replace the bridge. Access to the site is limited to construction vehicles only. Forestry Bureau photo Replacement of the bridge over Five Mile Creek, along Pa. Rt. 46 in Cameron County, is progressing. It's the only access for three camps on property leased by the state, as well as Five Mile Road. That road provided access for the Civilian Conservation Corps Building from May 1935 to October 1937. CCC buildings were removed in the 1980s. Coleman Construction won the bid to replace the bridge. Access to the site is limited to construction vehicles only.

Return to top