2016-02-13 / Front Page

Photo



Damage was estimated at $50,000 from a fire that heavily damaged a two-story home on Hummingbird Lane, off Rt. 872, south of Coudersport. Coudersport Volunteer Fire Department was summoned to the Nathan and Gayle Confer residence shortly after 10:30 Monday morning and observed flames shooting from the roof. Volunteers from Austin and Roulette also responded. Firefighters had the blaze under control shortly after 11 am. Fire Chief Bryan Phelps reported that the cause was determined to be a malfunctioning chimney. Flames broke through into the attic area. Other parts of the home sustained water damage. There were no injuries. Damage was estimated at $50,000 from a fire that heavily damaged a two-story home on Hummingbird Lane, off Rt. 872, south of Coudersport. Coudersport Volunteer Fire Department was summoned to the Nathan and Gayle Confer residence shortly after 10:30 Monday morning and observed flames shooting from the roof. Volunteers from Austin and Roulette also responded. Firefighters had the blaze under control shortly after 11 am. Fire Chief Bryan Phelps reported that the cause was determined to be a malfunctioning chimney. Flames broke through into the attic area. Other parts of the home sustained water damage. There were no injuries.

Return to top